Current committee members are:
Jeff Kaye - Fulton Hogan (Chair)
Gary Cowley - Transfield Services
Ray Edwards - Higgins Group
Sean O’Neil - Downer EDI
Kevin Westeneng - City Care
David White - Spray Marks
Alan Gardiner - HEB Construction Ltd
Alan Stevens – Roading NZ
This committee was formed to promote best practice for traffic management design and implementation; to ensure the industry is aware of and using best practice; and to minimise unnecessary compliance costs to the industry by working with agencies to form a universal approach.
The committee regularly meets with NZTA (formerly Transit NZ), local authorities, and liaises with or has representation on regional Traffic Management Associations.
The committee recently facilitated the completion of a training manual for manual traffic controllers. Click here to download
Other initiatives include:
- The development of a road marking best practice programme.
- Assisting Transit NZ (now NZTA) with improving the Temporary Traffic Management (TTM) training programme and the provision of additional level 2 and 3 trainers and assessors.
- Taking steps to have the truck mounted attenuator research results put in place and finalising the code for operation of these and advanced warning message board systems. This work has recently been completed and the relevant information is available from the NZTA website.
- Reviewing and maintaining a watching brief over the Local Roads Traffic Management supplement and working with Auckland City Council to provide advice on their intended new Code of Practice for Auckland City traffic control management.
- Working with Transit (NZTA) on the review and testing of collapsible sign bases.
- Liaising with Police on measures to reduce speed at road works sites throughout New Zealand.